Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rainbow Cupcakes

These are so cute! And EASY! Even though it looks hard!! :) I would say they are a bit time consuming, but really not too bad at all. All you do is prepare a regular boxed white cake mix, separate it into 6 bowls, then use food coloring to color each bowl red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. Then, spoon batter into cupcake liners (which are obviously already in your muffin pan... duh...) one color at a time. Make sure to use the back of a spoon to spread each color out evenly over the color under it--so you will be able to see the rainbow from the side of the cupcake. Super easy, just takes a little time to do the spreading.
My head is spinning with ideas, here.


Easter would be great! Just make the colors lighter, more pastel--maybe only use blue, yellow and pink? OR make all the colors, but only use three colors per cupcake, switching it up each time.


And, after KENTUCKY wins (or heck, even before...) I'm thinking some KY blue and white striped cupcakes are in order! :) Or even just the blue cupcakes with white frosting.


Hmm... the possibilities are literally endless. Especially for the sports fan. My sister Brooke would die over some purple and yellow Laker's cupcakes!

I still haven't iced these cupcakes yet--I was originally going to go with a whipped cream frosting, but then I realized the cupcakes would be sitting out all day tomorrow and that probably wouldn't work too well--the same goes for Cream Cheese frosting. I still haven't totally decided, but I'm thinking maybe The Pioneer Woman knew I would be in this prediciment and posted THIS especially for me... :) I'll let you know how it goes!

PS: Even the wrapper looks cool, doesn't it?!?!

No comments: