Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cinnamon Butter Puffs

This recipe comes from my mom. I'm not sure where she originally got it, but these are one of the things I always remember her making when I was younger. They are my dad's favorite breakfast item and our whole family always fights over who gets the last ones! My sisters and were always quick to tally up who had how many so no one would get more than the other! :) They are so good and very easy to make!!

Cinnamon Butter Puffs

1/3 c. shortening

½ c. sugar

1 egg

1 ½ c. flour

1 ½ tsp. baking powder

½ tsp. salt

¼ tsp. nutmeg

½ cup milk

Topping:

½ c. butter, melted

½ c. sugar combined with 1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat Oven 350 degrees.

Put shortening, sugar and egg in a mixing bowl. Beat well. Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg and add to the first mixture. Pour in the milk and beat until blended and smooth. (I usually “alternate” the flour and milk until I use it all versus putting all of flour in and then all of milk in).

Fill muffins 2/3 full. Bake about 20 minutes (depending on your oven). For topping – as soon as puffs are done, remove from pan and dip the tops, one by one into melted butter and then dip in cinnamon-sugar mixture.

Makes about 12.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yummy! i want some now... haha. i think mom like triples the recipe or something- we usually have a lot more than 12!! :)