Sunday, May 23, 2010

If I were throwing a LOST party...

...this is what I would do:

1. Decorate the front door with the Dharma symbol, like you're walking into The Hatch.

2. Plaster all the foods with Dharma labels... Dharma crackers, chips, beer, beans, peanut butter, etc.

3. Have buckets full of airplane-sized liquor bottles, just for the occasion.

4. Make airplane shaped cookies and make yummy flavored cupcakes simply decorated with "the numbers." Also, possibly a coconut cake (in keeping with the "island" theme!) decorated with the Dharma symbol.

5. Use this as inspiration for my invites.

6. Serve KFC buckets of chicken, but replace the labels with Mr. Cluck's Fried Chicken.

7. Crank up the Drive Shaft (and other LOST-themed music)--until LOST starts, that is. The second it starts, everyone has to cover their mouths with duct tape! :)

8. Each guest picks up a lottery ticket at the door, and at the end, we draw numbers for a door prize (possibly a stuffed polar bear??).

9. This is out there, but maybe try to rig up a simple command-line program that asks for the numbers every 108 minutes. Run it in a full-screen green-on-black terminal window and cover your return key with the word "execute." I'd definitely need some help with that one. HA!

10. Have some games set up like Backgammon, Connect Four, etc.

11. Black and white stones everywhere.

Any more ideas??? I know this is super last minute, seeing how the whole shebang starts in about 30 minutes, but still!! If any of you guys went to a LOST party, let me know how it was!! If I had enough friends around here who actually watch LOST, I would have totally thrown this party! But sadly, I don't. :(

No comments: