Thursday, June 25, 2009

Don't Get Used To This!!

I know, I know! Three posts in three days!! Crazy, huh? :)

I bought some bananas the other day knowing that a few of them would get mushy so I could make these. I stumbled across this recipe on FoodGawker (LOVE this site!! SO much inspiration!!) and couldn't wait to try it out! It's the perfect recipe for mushy bananas--so often we just make banana bread and call it a day. But next time you're in the mushy banana pickle, make these! I promise you won't regret it!!

I changed the recipe up a little (my version is the one seen below) because I was out of oatmeal. I just omitted that, then upped the flour a little. These were amazing! Different from your average (but still amazing!) chocolate chip cookie, yet also different from your average banana bread... I swear these cookies taste just like banana bread-in cookie form-plus chocolate chips. Tell me your mouth's not watering just thinking about it!

I took some pictures, but they basically look just like chocolate chip cookies so there's nothing special there. And I don't feel like getting up to get my camera to upload them. I ate so many of these cookies, I'm just plain lazy at the moment. :) But here's the recipe for you all to enjoy. Let me know if you try it!

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
original recipe found here.

2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup softened unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe banana (two good-sized bananas)
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Add half the flour mixture, mix, and then add the banana and mix. Add the rest of the flour mixture and mix until combined. Mix in chocolate chips.

Drop tablespoon-sized balls onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes, rotating halfway through.

Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies (mine made a whole lot less, because I like to make huge cookies!! But make yours the size you like--either way, they'll taste great! Just watch them in the oven to make sure they don't burn!)

No comments: