Wednesday, June 24, 2009

As Promised...

A recipe you don't have to turn on any appliances to make--not even the microwave! SUPER easy--and fun because you get to get messy! :) I'm sure for you non-messy types, you could use a spoon, but it's much more fun this way! These would be great to make with the kiddos, or even as a fun date night with your man (or woman!). And, by the way, they taste great!

"What are they?" you ask?? No-Bake Oatmeal Cookie Balls. They channel those glorious no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies, but aren't exactly like them. For one, they're in ball form and covered in powdered sugar. Also, as I stated earlier, you don't cook them--with the no-bake cookies, you boil all the ingredients on the stove before you add in the oatmeal. With these, you just throw all the ingredients in a bowl and mush together with your hands, shape them into balls, and roll in powdered sugar. Easy as that! I've kept mine in the fridge ever since and they're still good today. I like them cold. I'm not sure how they would work being kept out of the fridge-I know they would melt in my apartment so I'm not even going to try! Let me know how you like them!

No-Bake Oatmeal Cookie Balls


2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup white sugar

3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

1 tablespoon water

1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter, softened
(definitely make sure it's soft, or you won't be able to squish it all together!)
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 cup confectioners' sugar


In a large bowl, combine the oats, sugar and cocoa. With clean hands, mix in the water, vanilla, butter and peanut butter to form a dough. Wash hands, then roll the dough into balls 1 to 2 inches in diameter. Roll balls in confectioners' sugar until thickly coated. (Obviously I wasn't too good at this part! Haha!) Chill 20 minutes before serving.

No comments: