Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Oreo Cookie Truffle Balls

These were great! And super easy--a lot easier than I thought they would be! I don't have a food processor so I just put all the Oreos in a ziploc bag and crushed them with my rolling pin. It reminded me of making salmon patties in my Grandma's kitchen as a kid--crushing up those crackers! :) I know there is a picture of me doing it--if anyone has it and could email it to me, I'll post it on here! :)

Basically all you do is take a package of Oreos (I used the Peanut Butter Cream ones), crush them up very fine, mix in a package of cream cheese (I used my hands--much easier than a spoon!), then let it sit in the fridge for a few hours to firm up. After that, just roll into balls and dip into melted chocolate! These would be great with any Oreo-chocolate combination! Think mint Oreos with white chocolate! Or you could use white chocolate and tint it different colors for the Holidays! The possiblities are endless! :)

You can find the recipe here.

No comments: