Saturday, December 5, 2009

Caramel Apple Cider Cookies

These cookies were soooo yummy---right from the oven. Once they cooled off, I didn't like them as much. Matt still thought they were pretty good, but they were definitely a totally different cookie vs. eating them while they were still warm. Most of this has to do with the caramel in the middle of the cookie. If the cookies are cooled off, so is the caramel and it's hard and chewy as opposed to melted and gooey. I'm honestly not a big fan of caramel anyway, so maybe you just need to try these out for yourself! (Side note: The recipe does say that you can place a cookie on the top of a mug of a hot drink for a few minutes and the steam from the drink will re-melt the caramel. We didn't have any hot drinks to try this out on, but give it a shot!) They were so much easier than I expected--the hardest part was unwrapping all the apple cider packets and all the caramels! Give them a try!

The recipe can be found here.

I can't for the life of me find the pictures I took of these cookies, but when I do, I'll post them!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm waiting for the tres leches cake post with pics!!! :)