Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

Yep, another bread. I love making homemade breads. One day, I want to be the kind of mom where I make it every week for my family instead of buying a loaf of bread from the store. It's so incredibly easy-and uses ingredients everyone has on hand (besides the yeast... some people don't always have yeast on hand, I'll give you that... BUT yeast is pretty darn cheap, so go buy some today!) I realllly want to try the whole Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day craze going around, where you pretty much take one day a week to make up a huge batch of dough, then leave it in the fridge all week and pull off a chunk whenever you need to bake anything, whether it be rolls, a loaf of bread, or whatever. It's all out of this cookbook, which is on my list. :)

This time, I decided to try my hand at some cinnamon swirl bread. Gettin fancy. :) It was super easy-seriously. Annndddd... drum roll, please..... I remembered to take pictures!!! :) Granted, I remembered at the very end when there was only one slice left, but still!

PS: I'm guessing this bread would be delicious as french toast the next morning, but it didn't really last that long. :)

Another thing: Next time, I'll use melted butter in the inside cinnamon mixture instead of oil. It tasted fine to me, but Matt said he could tell a difference. (He saw the recipe before hand and commented on the fact that it was "weird" so of course he happened to notice how "weird" it tasted... haha!) But seriously, even though butter and oil do basically the same thing, I did find it kind of weird to use oil instead of butter, so next time I'll use butter instead.

Without further ado... Here's the recipe. Try it--it's goooood!!

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

(I'm not posting the actual recipe because the way she did it on her blog explains it really good with pictures and everything. Much better than I could do. So promise me you'll click on the above link and check it out! It's worth it!)

Up Next... the easiest recipe you'll ever make. PERFECT for summer, as there is NO heating up of the stove or oven!!! :) Get excited!

No comments: